Hi Hugo,

> I keep hearing that Django deployment is unnecessarily difficult.

Who says this? And what are the reasons they give for it?

> For a website with very little traffic, and for somebody who's new to it all,
> what is the best way to deploy? And how should I go about deploying!

I can tell you how I do it, which is not necessarily the simplest way nor
especially suited to low traffic. But it's not that hard. On the server
machine, I install nginx, gunicorn, django and supervisor. Nginx will be the
frontend, gunicorn will be the webserver, django is the application server, and
supervisor will be used to start/stop/restart the web application.

I basically did the same as Shawn. In my supervisord.conf I have these lines:

  [program:myapp]
  command=/usr/local/bin/gunicorn myapp.wsgi -b 127.0.0.1:9999
  directory=/wwwapp/myapp/my
  environment=PATH="%(ENV_PATH)s:/usr/local/bin"
  user=root
  autostart=true
  autorestart=true
  stdout_logfile=NONE
  stderr_logfile=NONE

I also wrote a blog article about this subject:
http://www.michielovertoom.com/freebsd/flask-gunicorn-nginx-supervisord/ which
uses Flask as an example, but as Shawn said, it's easy to plug in your Django
app instead.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/6DFD6635-480E-43A1-B7CC-2C5FA826185C%40xs4all.nl.