On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 11:27:01 AM UTC-7, Tundebabzy wrote:

> I don't know if I'm off target but.....
>
> I'm presently work on something like this where I have have to save three
> models at a go. One model is a stand alone while the other two have a
> foreign key to the stand alone model which is a many to one relationship.
> So to implement the many to one where I can save many of the dependent
> models together with the standalone models, I made use of inline formset
> and no problems thus far.

It's interesting - Django provides non-model forms, model forms, and
formsets for dealing with multiple instances of the same model, but no way
to build a single form that deals with multiple model types simultaneously.
At this point, it's looking pretty much like I'll solve this outside of the
Django box, by generating JSON representing the collection of data and
using Angular to add/edit to the set with client-side validation, then
post-processing the results in a Django view.

./s

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/75f0a892-db07-43d3-ab0f-4f9799591721%40googlegroups.com.