I wrote a blog using classic views (writing  functions for reach URLpattern). It works perfectly. However when I tried to convert it using the same database using generic views, it does not work.

Then  I tried using the updated code from the following link
http://fallingbullets.com/blog/2006/aug/06/wordpress-clone-27-seconds-part-1-40/

as well as RossP's updated blog.

I have cut and pasted the code. It is throwing up 404 error saying that there are no entrys. But I can see at 10 of them using my admin interface.

In fact I followed the instructions all over again twice and still no avail.

I know I am doing something silly. But what can that be. Has anyone had similar experience? The code is ditto from fallingbullets article. Note, I have entrys in the database 2) The URLS are matching. I have my base.html and entry_archive.html and entry_detail.html at the right places.

Is there anything which I need to do in settings.py to enable Generic Views. I did not see anything in Documentation.

Keith Mallory
The Human Fly