Hello,

the fact you develop alone doesn't make SVN a better choice than Git,
Mercurial, or any other distributed version control. But as you already
made your choice, here are my two cents.

You should put all the stuff under trunk/, so it becomes trunk/manage.py,
trunk/crm/, etc. If you are developing for multiple customers, the branches
and tags directory may come in handy later. Also, it's nothing but naming
convention: you can call these directories dog/, Pete/, and ananas/. But
that’s more for a Subversion user list, not Django.

On the other hand, you definitely should choose a distributed version
control if you are working alone. For example, Git, Mercurial and Fossil
repositories are self contained, which means the whole development history
is located right where you work. If you decide to publish (or just backup)
your work, all you need to do is to add a new remote. With SVN, it's hard
to publish somewhere else than before (read: it’s a real PITA to migrate
SVN history from one server to another).

Best,
Gergely

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CACczBUJ3apCi5pgsm%3D768HA3dU0-%3DL%2B8Q16fgTaMjKXttRMuTg%40mail.gmail.com.