> Custom logic like calculations can be integrated in to any view or
> viewset. Often times the logic is broken out in to separate standalone
> functions and called by some simple overrides on the view[set].

I forgot to mention, you may want to integrate that business logic directly
in to your models if the logic will be accessed from more than one view,
rather than trying to crowbar in the same operation to multiple views.
Model managers work well for logic that is applied across groups of model
instances (ie filtering specific instances out, or performing calculations
based on a set of criteria against a model type), and methods defined
directly on the model should work specifically with that model instance
without the need for a crazy view.

Typically very little business logic is integrated in to the views (which
is why so much work has gone in to making them generic, they are often
boiler-plate with minute differences such as the template to render or the
class of model to query).

-James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciXZ0Et2pFWQUUkC-7eLqQTGi-tmjH7iSAiq28UCNOjGrw%40mail.gmail.com.