> Le 6 sept. 2017 à 10:00, Melvyn Sopacua <m.r.sopa...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> One of the core design issues with DRF is that everything
> is based around a queryset. Even if the set is just one item.

This sounds like an easy troll.
A lot of code from DRF is based around queryset because DRF can introspect and
deduce a lot from them.
How is DRF supposed to perform filtering on something that we don’t know (aka
not based on a Model) ?
Same question for automatic field generation, constraints, pagination and so on.

One thing people need to realize is that:
1. It’s simple to use DRF with non model data, including viewsets - as opposed
as what I’ve read on this thread.
2. developer has to write way more code because the framework can *not* guess
anything from it
3. A lot of code and documentation covers things based on models because models
embedded data description in a structured way while we can’t say much about non
model things.

Regards,
Xavier.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/4232FEBF-EF70-4D4B-842D-32DB346D9F7B%40linovia.com.