On Oct 8, 2017 9:44 PM, "Ken Jenney" <kjen...@gmail.com> wrote:

1) I'm using a service account. I verified the DN's by connecting using
Apache Directory Studio.

I'm assuming this means that you only verified that your intended DN
strings are valid and that the passwords for both the service account and
your user account are correct?

2) I just promoted the service account user but I'm still facing the same
error.
3) Logging is not helping: it's only reiterating what the original error is
telling me: Caught LDAPError while authenticating ken:
INVALID_CREDENTIALS({'desc': 'Invalid credentials'},) I added logging by
adding this to the config:

I'd be interested to see what the Synology says. You may need to increase
the logging verbosity.

Couple other questions:

a) What do you have listed in AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS? I'm assuming you
have both the LDAP module and the built-in back-end listed in that order
since you are requesting groups?

a.1) Is it possible that your initial authentication is failing against
LDAP but succeeding against the local authentication back-end, potentially
leading you to believe that LDAP is partially working when it isn't?

a.2) Do you see the service account successfully authenticating on the
Synology upon login at least once?

b) Is this the correct DN for your service account?

AUTH_LDAP_BIND_DN = "CN=netbox,CN=users,DC=kensnet,DC=priv"

Shouldn't that be uid=netbox?

-James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Be%2BciWvx3iAWi1P3isTe6CQin%2By8015GZ28kNDK6ynskx8v5w%40mail.gmail.com.