Hi,

> > I suspect you hit one small Django controversy. The generic view
> > object_list would give you 404 error when the list it tries to show is
> > empty. The view is there, it works, finds the list -- all is Ok. It just
> > has this strange behavior by default. To overcome it you can add
> > allow_empty: True to its infodict.
> add "allow_empty: True" to the infodict of what?
To your urls.py. As an example taken from your tutorial:

from django.conf.urls.defaults import *
from wilson.apps.portfolio.models import Project

info_dict = {
    'queryset': Project.objects.all(),
}

urlpatterns = patterns('',
    (r'^work/$', 'django.views.generic.list_detail.object_list',
dict(info_dict, template_name="portfolio/projects_list.html",
allow_empty=True)),
    (r'^work/(?P<slug>[-\w]+)/$',
'django.views.generic.date_based.object_detail', dict(info_dict,
slug_field='slug')),
)

> could this also be solved by actually adding data to the db before
> trying to look at the page?
As well. But you simply get round the problem, not solve it.

Hope it helps,