I have a similar solution/problem...

Firstly, my "solution" was to create a method in my vews.py like this...

def my_render(request, template, dict):
        url_time = 0
        try:
                for query in connection.queries:
                        log( query['time'] + "\t" + query['sql'])
                        t = float(query['time'])
                        url_time = url_time + t
                        log( str(t) + "\t" + query['sql'] )
        except Exception, err:
                log(err)
        connection.queries = []
        log("url_time: " + str( url_time) )
        return render_to_response(template, dict)

.... which is great, when I run my app in development mode... but as
soon as I run it using FCGI/Lighttpd connection.queries is always
empty... which is a pain because I want to watch sql queries on the
server...

I am using the Logging module... would using logging when there are 5
fcgi python processes cause a problem?

Why does this work fine (or magnificently even) in dev mode and not
in FCGI mode?

Any ideas? Thanks

tom