Ugh. Sorry for the confusion. Here again are the pieces where I need
suggestions. Please suggest actual code. I can't decipher things written in
plain language on forums. Code is key for me.

    path('post/<int:pk>/', views.PostDetailView.as_view(),
name='post_detail'),
    path('post/*random/???*', views.RandomDetailView.as_view(),
name='random_post'),    * ### I don't know what to put here*

Also my view:

    def random_post(request):
        post_ids = Post.objects.all().values_list('post_id', flat=True)    *
###
Is 'post_id' correct? That's my field name that is my primary key*
        random_obj = Post.objects.get(id=random.choice(post_ids))      *###
What do I put here? id? pk? post_id?*
        context = {'random_obj':random_obj,}
        return render(request, 'blog/random_post.html', context)

I have tried a bunch of different configurations for my urlpattern. I have
tried different variable names in my view. I'm not sure that my data is
actually being inserted into my view. I don't know what my urlpattern is
supposed to be. I don't know which variables to use in my view, regarding
the primary key.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/d5ba26c4-dacc-4ad4-9050-55c1f44cdd8c%40googlegroups.com.