Thanks - for clarification. Yes! good advice on remaining calm. Apologies
if I seemed intense.

If I use this urlpattern, it takes me to the correct template.

*path('post/random/', views.random_post, name='random_post'),*

But there is no data. I really wanted to include the pk in the URL, to see
which one it was picking at random. But it appears the data is not being
queried correctly, or it's not being sent over as part of the view.

Revised view:

*def random_post(request):*
*        post_ids = Post.objects.all().values_list('post_id', flat=True)*
*        random_obj =
Post.objects.get(post_id=random.choice(list(post_ids)))   I am still unsure
if this is the correct variable. *
*        context = {'random_obj':random_obj,}*
*        return render(request, 'blog/random_post.html', context)*

Also, the here are my imports. Maybe there's something missing:

*from django.shortcuts import render, redirect*
*from .forms import ContactForm*
*from django.http import HttpResponse, HttpResponseRedirect*
*from django.shortcuts import render, redirect*
*from django.core.mail import send_mail, BadHeaderError*
*from django.http import HttpResponse, HttpResponseRedirect*
*from django.utils import timezone*
*from .models import Book, Writer, Translator, Post*
*import random*

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/7f118b95-c122-4fc3-bfee-f1d008919b5d%40googlegroups.com.