I'm using an ImageField in my model, and am having problems with the
get_FOO_url() functionality.

For example, with a model such as:

class MyModel(models.Model):

   headshot = models.ImageField(upload_to='uploads/foo')

and the following in settings.py:

MEDIA_ROOT='/home/user/myproject/media'
MEDIA_URL='http://localhost:8000/media-root'

(where the /media-root/ path is served by the Django static file generic
view)

My understanding of the documentation is that calling
modelInstance.get_headshot_url() should return something like
'http://localhost:8000/media-root/uploads/foo/filename.jpg'.  Instead I
get 'http://localhost:8000/uploads/foo/filename.jpg'

Note that get_headshot_filename() works as expected
(/home/user/myproject/media/uploads/foo/filename.jpg).

Am I missing something in the docs?  Well, I assume I am, but just
haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks

Nathan