I'm working on a site who's not ready to do online processing with a
gateway but they want to launch anyways. They would like a secure way
to store the credit cards in the database. Does anyone have a good
solution for this?

I was thinking but I'd rather not have to write all the code to
implement a pub/priv key pair system where the private key is encrypted
so the admin has to login and enter the password for the view to
decrypt the key to decrypt the credit cards.

comments, ideas?