[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>      Russ,
>
>      Because it seems like the cleanest way of pulling together a wide
> variety of content that all pertains to a particular day, or list of
> days.

I would have used an "event" rather than a "day" to model this. You can
still (sensibly imo) argue that these are different things that have
time series relation and not the same thing that happens repeatedly.

>      The alternative, it seems to me, is running seperate queries on
> Concerts, Meetings, DrinkSpecials, BallGames, etc., then passing all of
> those to the template. And things get stickier still if I'm talking
> about several days. If I could employ a one-to-many relationship
> between the Day instance and all these other models, that's just one
> queryset, and it's easier to slice and sort.

event
   date
   type: fk event_type
   meta : one to many

event_type:

event_meta:
   event: fk event

or you could use a generic table. They might give you relational
heartburn, but they're designed for applying a relation to varying types
(or disjoint types that wouldn't naturally have a common superclass) .
The canonical usecase in django are applying comments to any model, or
for tagging.  If you like how the comment api works, they might be for you.

cheers
Bill