On Dec 3, 8:36 pm, "Silas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a problem with generic.list_detail.object_list, a limiting
> queryset, and pagination variables.
>
> For some reason when I use the code below, results are restricted to
> the sliced 100, but all the pagination variables show results as if the
> slice wasn't there.

I don't have a solution, but I can explain the reason for this
behaviour.

- The ObjectPaginator uses the QuerySet.count() method in deriving the
'hits' count that is then used in all its paging calculations
- The QuerySet.count() method does not take into account the slice
offset and limit

I suppose you could file this as a bug in ObjectPaginator -- if it were
to base its hits on len(QuerySet), that would solve this problem. Not
sure if there would be a performance issue from len() evaluating the
QuerySet.