Hello all,

Very excited to discover the Channels project. I think it could be exactly
what I was looking for. I am going through the documentation and seeing how
it works right now, but I would really appreciate if someone could tell me
if it will help me do what I want.

I am making a chatbot, which is state dependent. The dialogue delivery and
state management is handled by a Finite State Machine built using the
transitions (pytransitions <https://github.com/pytransitions/transitions>)
library. So my chatbot is a python object, which transitions from one state
to another based on the users input. So to run the chatbot (per user per
session) I need something exactly like the scope provided by channels,
something that lasts for more than one request.

My question is *if I can have a python object instantiated per scope and
have it persist for the duration of the scope*, so that for each user I can
have a different object keeping track of which state the user is in and
returning responses based on the state?

Any help would be appreciated, as I am very inexperienced on things related
to web (websockets, WSGI, ASGI etc.).

Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/142cb856-17f7-4cf1-9f3b-87d80e0ca5f8%40googlegroups.com.