Good question - I'm looking for a similar solution myself. My application
is a purchase order app so that a purchase order has details about the
purchase order but also has an unspecified number of objects that belong to
it (purchase items).
The only way I can think this MIGHT work is making a model for each,
including a foreignKey to relate the puchase items back to the purchase
order, and possibly putting both in the same
CreateView/DetailView/UpdateView/etc. (if this is possible). I'll keep you
updated if I find any better solutions though

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/e083990d-4f2e-49fa-acb4-ff668977d04f%40googlegroups.com.