> If you are getting a 200 response - then the request has succeeded without
> any errors - therefore this is more about handilng the response from the
> google api.

Unless 200 *is* the default response from the API.  I know its unlikely,
being a Google API, but I have worked with several APIs that explicitly
return everything 200 and force consumers to rely on parsing message
details for errors.  So yes, a 200 response should indicate successful
request, but don't take that as fact until verifying with the API docs.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/0a0abe6c-70e4-4f3d-a8b4-49bcbef7bd45%40googlegroups.com.