You could look at this project for ideas on how to accomplish your crop and
rotate actions - https://github.com/matthewwithanm/django-imagekit

However, if you want the user to manually crop and rotate the image on your
site while looking at a Django view, then you will have to use some
Javascript to do the cropping and rotation on the client side. Every change
to a Django view (ie rotate a few degrees or move the crop box) involves a
round trip to the server, which will be slow and a miserable experience for
your users.

Here one example of cropping images with django and jquery -
https://simpleisbetterthancomplex.com/tutorial/2017/03/02/how-to-crop-images-in-a-django-application.html

And another -
http://blog.appliedinformaticsinc.com/how-to-add-image-cropping-features-using-django-image-cropping-app-jcrop/

I have not used any of these tools myself, so ymmv.

Google will find many many more projects/blogs on this topic.

Good luck!

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAEqej2NU8icHPph%3DH_7qutcVG3kGSembV2EPes2gZgH7iNWN5Q%40mail.gmail.com.