I live in the SF Bay Area and there are no shortage of jobs in Django. It is
true there are also plenty of jobs in Node, but you can’t compare a framework
to a backend language. I see far more python jobs than node jobs.

2 things to keep in mind though (for reference I’m a python/Django dev but have
experience in node and c# as well):

1. Just because something is very popular doesn’t mean it’s the easiest to get
a job in. There may be more python/JS jobs out there, but there are also way
more people applying to them. There are plenty of .NET jobs out there, and far
less entry level developers who are looking for them. Nearly every single entry
level developer is looking for those python/JS jobs
2. Often times the language and framework you’re experienced in doesn’t matter.
I recently had an interview for a Go position, and I was allowed to pick which
language I wanted to do the interview in. Most web development jobs are looking
for your understanding of general software and web development principles. If
you understand html/css/js, sql databases in regards to MVC architecture, MVC
architecture itself, and REST API’s and requests, it probably won’t matter what
language as long as you can prove it. Knowing the language and framework of the
company you’re applying to is kind of just brownie points and improves your
chances. If I’m amazing at django and web development but don’t know the
language being used, I’ll generally be chosen over someone who’s shaky on web
development who uses the same language as the company

Sent from my iPhone

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/E8F0EA6E-0AEC-48A8-969D-863925901EC2%40gmail.com.