Yeah, it’s hard to just learn the pythonic way of doing things. It’s a mix of
functional and OOP practice with a bunch of built in stuff that you wouldn’t
know unless you came across it. This is kind of why python can come across as a
cult sometimes ;)

One book that I recommend for learning some pythonic ways of doing things is
“Data science from Scratch” by Joel Grutch Of course it’s focused on an intro
to basic data science, but anyone capable of programming and isn’t afraid of
pretty basic math can follow along, and the way he codes his examples are very
pythonic so you’ll pick up a lot of cool tricks. I’d also just suggest googling
examples of pythonic code and you’ll get some good examples.

What I said in my earlier response may have came across as the opposite of what
I meant though, I meant don’t let the pythonic way of doing things get in the
way of doing things correctly in a way that is easier to maintain. It’s easy to
write sloppy code with python due to its scripting nature, but it’s important
to remember good OOP design principles and proper project architectures.

Sent from my iPhone

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CFAB828E-4EB8-49B8-A84C-E316CDE73485%40gmail.com.