...I'm new to Python and still thinking like a PHP user I'm afraid...

I've found a number of posts about dumping debug info to a template,
but I'm still a little confused. Maybe  I don't understand the nature
of the 'context' returned from my view.

If I have this view:
def album(request, album_id):
        a = Album.objects.get(id=album_id)
        return render_to_response('fc/album.html', {'album': a})

{% debug %} outputs Album.self, something like:

<pre>
{'album': <Album: Youngbloods>}
...the rest...
</pre>

I was expecting something to the effect:
album.label:
album.catalog_number:
album.recording_date: etc.

Those values are available. (The template is displaying them
correctly.) I just thought I would be able to see the context variable
values dumped out. Especially related values if I had requested them in
the view.

Thanks for your patience with a noob.

Dan J.