On 12/18/06 6:18 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I would say it does make a difference. If a lead developer wanted to do
> it and found it didn't work, I would rather not to spend the effort as
> I would assume there must be some technical difficulties.
>
> It won't change anything about whether I would use django(that depends
> on the kind of project, right tool for the right task) but do remind me
> that if my particular project may call for django/dojo interaction, I
> have to think it twice.

What I'm really trying to say is this: please don't read anything into my
choice not to bundle use Dojo. As it turned out, the bit I thought I needed it
for -- a replacement for edit-inline -- is on hold while we rewrite the forms
package anyway, and chances are that by the time I get back to it something a
lot more lightweight will be more appropriate.

I'm really uncomfortable when people use my choices as a proxy for evaluating
their own situations; that's why I'm opposed to the idea of an "official"
Django front-end component.

If you need help choosing a JavaScript toolkit, there are *many* people
smarter than me to take your cues from -- but again, ideally you'd make the
choice yourself based on what works best for you.

Jacob