Definitely echoing Scott's sentiment here. Start with what changed.

In my personal experience, if the answer is "nothing," you can narrow it
down very quickly. Start by reloading with the browser network monitor in
the foreground. If the first response comes back very quickly, Django
itself is off the hook and you proceed with front-end optimizations. If it
doesn't, and you're really sure that no one changed anything (check top or
the process manager to make sure there's nothing new running!), it's your
database. You need your data set to be shrunk, indices to be improved, or
queries to be optimized. Django Debug Toolbar will help you see which of
these apply to you. If you see hundreds of queries where you expected just
one or two, look for any model reference in a loop, including template code.

If you'd like extra reassurance that that's the problem, point your config
to an empty database, run the migrations, and see the difference.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CA%2Bv0ZYWFB8O1Cc5ahuXjDjweZxZ0FDSoJVShYjoCycBUs_wu%2BQ%40mail.gmail.com.