Hi all

I believe the issue I have enquired about on the following Stack Exchange
page :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62162288/baffling-error-filtering-django-objects-of-derived-class-by-values-in-foreign-ke

may well be a Django bug, or at the least no longer works with Django as
this has evolved since v 1.10 (when it worked fine).

In summary, the issue is that if a model class B inherits from A, which
inherits from models.model, then a call to B.objects.filter() cannot locate
a field actually defined in B (because, it seems, Django starts its walk
through the relevant/related models from A rather than B and for some
unfathomable reason checks everything _except_ B !)

Regards

John R Ramsden