Remember you can not juat open/report an issue and bisect the git commit
which could have introduced the change in behavior, but also, if it gets
confirmed as a real bug, you can fix it yourself so to not delay yourself
in your current project. With the nice side effect that the fix will
benefit many others.

Another option would be: If you can't or don't want to do what I suggest
above then Are you willing to commit to funding another Django contributor
to get this immediate attention & personalised service so to be able to
solve the issue affecting your current project/client?