Hello,

I have a model containing 7 fields, wich of 4 are ForeignKeys to some
other models.

When displaying a table with 50 records from this model (which means it
makes  > 200 db queries) it takes ~10s to load. My hardware is not that
bad, but it's not the point.

I've tried with cache_page() on memcached decorator, which worked fine.
The problem is that when someone
adds a new records he needs to see it asap, not after cache expires.
I'm not as good to play with low-level cache.

I'm getting similar results on both PostgreSQL 8.1.4 and MySQL 4.1.22
(on FreeBSD box).

The great thing here is a 'query cache' in MySQL which saves the
queries for all my ForeignKeys
(as they do not change often..). My boss would rather have PostgreSQL
installed than MySQL.

I know some of you are using PostgreSQL. Is there any way to speed up
these things?
Maybe in Django itself ?
Any example of low-level api cache usage ?

I've searched google for 'query cache' PostgreSQL and it seems there is
no such thing.

I don't want to start a war - both DBs are great IMHO.

Thanks,
Robert