I am familiar with the various events in building a dnd.  I am trying to
find out what is supposed to happen to the HTML source when a drag and drop
works. Can anyone explain this to me.? After an apparently successful drag
and drop I see no changes to the underlying HTML. I have been using Django
3.0.10 and Python 3.8.1 and javascript.

If I do a "view source" after a dnd should the source code now reflect the
changes made by the dnd?  Exactly what is supposed to happen?  I am not
submitting any code because I just want to find out how it is supposed to
work.