I'm having a bit of trouble with stockphoto
http://www.carcosa.net/jason/software/django/stockphoto/

Basically, I've followed the install /exactly/ as it says in the readme
file, and everything seems to go fine until I go to the admin and try
to view one of the photos which has been uploaded. Then, I get a 404
error.

Has anyone encountered this? Do I have to add to urls.py with
stockphoto (I didn't think so)?

You do have to add to urls.py. I'm using stockphoto on one of my
sites, you can see my site's code here:
http://svn.jayparlar.com/website/trunk/awwca/

Jay P.