On 1/20/07, Russell Keith-Magee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I was looking for something like this :) I'll test it today :)
>
> You should also keep in mind that the fixtures patch that is part of
> ticket #2333 can be used to dump and reload database contents. This
> patch should be applied shortly (it has been slated for inclusion
> before v1.0)

Yeah, I of cause see your suggestion, but I found the process is not
very correctly and enough. for example: I cannot specify the output
directory. And if there is foreignkey relationship in one app, the
order of output data is very important. Because the restore process
will use model.objects.create to insert a new record, so if the
foreign object is not created yet, the inserting will be failed. And
what I do is using cursor.execute, so there are no these problem. And
also my tool can support the restore after you changed the model, and
I think is handy for me.

And I also want to proposal that manage.py should has a plugin
interface, so that user can contribute their own useful tool, and this
tool can be invoked through:

manage tool customtool

--
I like python!