> ./manage.py dumpdb > /foo/bar/out.data

I don't like this. Because I want to save the data into different
files according to each table, but not a single file.

> > And if there is foreignkey relationship in one app, the
> > order of output data is very important. Because the restore process
> > will use model.objects.create to insert a new record, so if the
> > foreign object is not created yet, the inserting will be failed.
>
> If you create objects and foreign key relations in a single
> transaction, there shouldn't be any issue with object creation order.

Because the idea above, so it's not very suit for my requirement.

> > And
> > what I do is using cursor.execute, so there are no these problem. And
> > also my tool can support the restore after you changed the model, and
> > I think is handy for me.
>
> How does the patch in #2333 prevent you from doing this? Dump your
> data, change your model, modify your data to add new required fields,
> load your data.

I don't want to modify every line of data, but I need a default value
dealing appoach. And #2333 doesn't support this idea. I didn't try
#2333 for: if I remove some fields of a Model, and restore data from
data file, how about #2333 will do?

> > And I also want to proposal that manage.py should has a plugin
> > interface, so that user can contribute their own useful tool, and this
> > tool can be invoked through:
> >
> > manage tool customtool
>
> There is no need for this. If you need to write your own tools, they
> can be .py scripts, invoking whatever Django calls are required.
> Manage.py doesn't do anything magical that couldn't be easily
> replicated in your own script.

So your thought is very different from mine. I think core.management
has many common methods, and users like me hope to reuse them. If
there is no such plugin system, so I had to write my personal tool
just like db_dump.py, and it'll be a whole program, and I need
introduce many things I need from core.management which I think
useful.

--
I like python!
UliPad <<The Python Editor>>: http://wiki.woodpecker.org.cn/moin/UliPad