I've been having problems running under Apache, with the admin login
complaining about not having cookies enabled with Firefox.  It all
works fine with IE, but not with Firefox; even Firefox 2.0.0.2 still
has the problems.  My environment is a bit odd in that I have several
domains hosted on the same machine, and separate Django instances
running for each one.

Today, I did several things, and it seems to be working OK.  First, I
deleted all of the old sessions in one of my DBs.  I still have a
bunch of sessions in the other DB, but none of them has expired yet.

Next, I added the following session settings:
SESSION_COOKIE_NAME = 'Secret'
SESSION_COOKIE_AGE = 24*60*60*30
SESSION_COOKIE_DOMAIN = 'mydomain.com'
SESSION_EXPIRE_AT_BROWSER_CLOSE = True

My hunch is that the only thing that matters is
SESSION_EXPIRE_AT_BROWSER_CLOSE = True, but I haven't had a chance to
test this. I also specified different values for SESSION_COOKIE_DOMAIN
because I think they might have been conflicting, even though the
Sites were set up in different databases, and had different domain
names.

Anyhow, there have been several posts about this problem, and no work
arounds, so I thought this might be useful.
Peace,
-chasfs
http://zdecisions.com