On Mar 23, 2:49 pm, "benrawk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also, when I import and print sys.path into a python session, with
> apache running in the background, sys.path does not include '/home/
> benrawk'. Is it supposed to? Is there a way I can check the value of
> PythonPath as it is defined in httpd.conf?

Presuming you are using a recent version of mod_python, change your
PythonHandler directive to:

  PythonHandler mod_python.testhandler

The result of accessing stuff under /mysite will then be a big page of
information about the request and the environment of Python
interpreter being used. One of the things will be sys.path and you can
then verify it is what you expect.

BTW, what OS are you using. Are you perhaps using one of the SELinux
enabled variants? These systems can put extra access controls on top
of normal stuff when using Apache such that it may not be enough for
files to be readable by Apache. I don't understand the full
implications of using SELinux or how to set it up but it may be an
issue if you are using it so be clear in stating what environment you
are using.

Graham