We serve PDFs, both in-browser, and out.  Here the lines to set the type
and disposition:

    response = HttpResponse(pdfbytes, mimetype='application/pdf')
    response['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment; filename=foo.pdf'
    return response

Here pdfbytes are the actual bytes of the PDF file.  With the
Content-Disposition line, Firefox will display the Save As dialog to
save the file someplace.  Without that line, the PDF is displayed in the
browser.

--Ned.