  From: Ned Batchelder
  To: django-users@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 6:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Django app serves PDFs but browser doesn't render them

  We serve PDFs, both in-browser, and out.  Here the lines to set the type and
disposition:

      response = HttpResponse(pdfbytes, mimetype='application/pdf')
      response['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment; filename=foo.pdf'
      return response

  Here pdfbytes are the actual bytes of the PDF file.  With the
Content-Disposition line, Firefox will display the Save As dialog to save the
file someplace.  Without that line, the PDF is displayed in the browser.

  --Ned.