On 4/5/07, paceman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wonder if apache prefork reloads modules (maybe psycopg2) that I am
> not aware of and that causes the pickling of the object not to work?

This would also occur if you were monkey patching classes, I think.

Do you have anything that does something like this:

import x

class Y(object):
  pass

x.Y = Y

?

The basic issue is that pickling works by serializing a type*name*
plus some state for that object.  If the type changes from the time
the object is created until the time the serialization is attempted,
pickle gives up.