Hi Harris,

  Django is a framework where you can build a CMS, it doesn't come
with this behaviour after installed. You're going to have to make a
"Model" for "Article", code the functions to retrieve them, build each
display page (the html), etc...

  The comparision can't really be made, since when you install Joomla
you get a very focused (even counting the plug-ins) solution. You
would have to build a CMS using what Django offers. Now, that's good
and bad :) You'll have complete control of the software, doing things
your way, adding features that you want.

  If Joomla covers your needs as a CMS, go for it, unless you want
things differently, and that's where Djando would fit it.

  I am sure someone has already built CMSs using Django, so a search
on the list archives and Google might be fruitful if you want a
starting point.

--
Julio Nobrega - http://www.inerciasensorial.com.br