On Apr 18, 9:40 pm, M Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 April 2007 14:22, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:> For what it's
> worth, I found Django to be LESS work than Mambo/Joomla,
> > just because I wasted an ungodly amount of time trying to make Mambo
> > do what I wanted.
>
>         Did you get on-board with the Django book, or something else?
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> M Harris     <><

The book is a very good place to start.  The development team has
managed to take all of the different sorts of documentation and
examples spread over the main site and crunch it down into digestible
pieces.  I wish the book had been around when I first started playing
with Django. :)

I can say I used Mambo before the split, and have toyed with Joomla
afterwards and Django has proven far more intuitive to use for
building custom applications.  Like the house analogy, if you only
need it for a simple CMS, Joomla may be your best bet.  If you want to
add features and have complete control, however, Django would be
better.  Not to mention, the zen of Django is specifically content
management at a very abstract level - you define what content is, and
it manages the rest.  You just fill in the blanks as to how it looks
and functions.  The best part is, if you put together the models
first, the clients can start adding and manipulating content before
you're done with all of the functionality - just give them access to
the admin panel, if you want.

--
Michael