It sounds like you shouldn't be using Django, honestly.  You would be
fighting against/hacking around most of the functionality of django
because django is an MVC framework and you guys basically are trying
to re-write the model architecture.  If you really really really want
to use django, you should probably just stick to using the controller/
view portion, which would suck because you couldn't use the admin
application.