Hi!

I want to install psycopg2 on Ubuntu Dapper 6.06.1. I'm wondering
about a note in a file called INSTALL in the psycopg2-source. It says:

"""
Important note: if you plan to use psycopg2 in a multithreaded
application make sure that your libpq has been compiled with the --
with-thread-safety option.
"""

Do I need to worry about this? (I'm guessing I do)

I found a very brief guide here:
http://www.initd.org/tracker/psycopg/wiki/PsycopgTwoInstall
but I'm not sure it will take care of the thread-safety-part.

I'm setting up Django with Apache 2.0.55 and PostgreSQL 8.1. These
versions were the latest in the apt-get repository, so I figured they
would be stable and safe. But maybe I need to compile PostgreSQL to
get the thread-safety working correctly?

This will be my public server and I don't want to cheat with anything
like I did with my development server...

regards,
Henrik