On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 22:53 +1000, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
[...]
> Manual configuration isn't really designed to make it trivial to specify
> your normal settings file and some overrides like you are trying to do
> here.

I should point out that there wasn't really any technical reason for
this decision and it's not because we're mean people. We just didn't
think that there might be a lot of use-cases when you wouldn't want to
specify all the changes from default yourself. Running scripts, however,
is the obvious one we forgot about.

So if you (or anybody else) wants to come up with a backward-compatible
change that allows for specifying a module that is laid over the top of
global_settings and then have the keyword args applied, go for it. Open
a ticket with the patch and I will give it serious consideration.

Regards,
Malcolm