Hi,

I'm trying to get some basic i18n support going but I'm get some weird
errors.

1) I had to include the project in INSTALLED_APPS before anything
would happend at all, but I've since removed that and I'm trying to
translate a single app.
2) I've been digging around the django code to figure out which part
wasn't working, and in django/template/__init__.py:727 I changed to
return "%s" % bits, just to see what was in the list. Every
translation comes back as a <DjangoTranslation lang:sv> which might or
might not be correct. I thought it was supposed to be a string though.

Currently I'm stuck with this error:

AssertionError at /users/signup
<DjangoTranslation lang:sv> should be a basestring
Request Method:         POST
Request URL:    http://naring.dev/users/signup
Exception Type:         AssertionError
Exception Value:        <DjangoTranslation lang:sv> should be a basestring
Exception Location:     /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/newforms/
util.py in __init__, line 47

Anyone that could help me with this? Django is the best web framework
I've used so far and I'd like to use it. I've checked out the latest
version from subversion (5199). Django is running with mod_python in a
prefork apache2, I've set the max request limit to 1.

regards,
Magnus Sjöstrand