Learning a bit of Python first helps. I'd start with the official
Python tutorial:

<http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html>

Then give the official Django tutorial a shot:

<http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/tutorial01/>

Other than that, there's no better way to get started than by getting
down and dirty and hacking through your own projects.

Regards,
Tyson