On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 08:46:29AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Well, that would be because MySQL is effectively broke in many weird
> ways. Your best bet is to recreate your model in postgresql, initialize
> that model and move the data over relation by relation.

Where "broke" means roughly "!= PostgreSQL"?

;)

Seriously, though, I'm not sure if it's fair to blame SQL migration woes on
MySQL being "broke".  Migrating data between databases is likely to provide some
challenges regardless of the source or destination databases, I would think
(although I don't claim anything greater than novice status with relational
databases).

-Forest