You could need an extra class for this but it should work:

class Topping(models.Model):
    # ...

class Pizza(models.Model):
    # ...
    toppings = models.ManyToManyField(Topping)

class PizzaToppings(model.Model):
    pizza = models.ForeignKey(Pizza, help_text='Toppings to go on
Pizza: num in admin is how many will show up in Pizza',
edit_inline=models.TABULAR, num_in_admin=3)
    topping = models.ManyToOne(Topping)
    #...

some related material:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model-api/#many-to-one-relationships