Does anyone here know where/how I should override the default save
method for a newforms-based FileField?

Specifically, I want to dictate the location where the file is saved
because the location will be different for every instance of my model.
Additionally I want to remove any existing file with the same name
before saving the new file. Currently if the file already exists,
underscores are appended to the filename, and this doesn't work for
me.

Also of interest is stripping the path from the filename before it is
saved in the model instance.

Thanks,
Graham