On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 16:37 +0200, Dirk van Oosterbosch, IR labs wrote:
[...]
> Exactly. It runs untill I try to load a page (from another ssh shell).
> And I just get the prompt back:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]: ~/mysite_project/mysite]% python manage.py runserver
> Validating models...
> 0 errors found.
>

> Django version 0.96, using settings 'opop.settings'
> Development server is running at http://127.0.0.1:8000/
> Quit the server with CONTROL-C.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]: ~/mysite_project/mysite]%
>

> Where would you advice to put debugging on in
> django/core/servers/basehttp.py?
> Put __debug__=True at the top of the module?
> Or which method are we interested in?

That's just truly bizarre. The development server is, at heart a
standard Python HTTPServer (from the BaseHTTPServer standard library
module). That is a TCPServer which just loops forever accepting
requests. So there really is no way that I know of for it to "just exit"
without the HTTPServer printing an error message.

Each request is handled by the handle() method in the WSGIRequestHandler
class, but the server itself is the WSGIServer class and that should
just keep running forever (via the serve_forever method in Python's
SocketServer.BaseServer, ultimately).

So maybe shove some debug prints in handle(), but, in general, you're
going to have to try to work out how far it gets before stopping. I
cannot imagine what is going wrong here. The whole silent failure bit is
confusing.

Malcolm