Stefan Matthias Aust escribió:
> If it is so easy to create a blogging application with Django, then
> this should be an argument for a standard application, not against it
> IMHO.
>
> At minimum, it could become a nice example application, either as part
> of the django distribution or as a separate download. And if it is
> still easy enough, make it a Wordpress killer. Make it as easy to
> install and to use as Wordpress, being an example for the power of
> elegance of Django (and Python) - something like Typo or Mephisto for
> Rails.
>
> Another important argument for one de-facto standard are plug-ins and
> templates. There are zillions of templates (even nice ones) for
> Wordpress. And you can add dozens if not hundreds of plugins to
> further customize or extend the software.
>
> If everybody is creating his or her own solution, there will not be no
> synergy, no community, no   attention. Rails became so popular,
> because people *saw* how easy it was to create something. Just telling
> them isn't enough :)
>
> Stefan

Actually... It took me 30 minutes to get my blog engine running, without
the design. And, there's no need to "make" for plugins. A Django app
*is* a plugin to the django framework itself, if you'd like to see it
that way. I have a common repository on the python path with things I
tend to use often, like typogrify, markdown, and feedparser. You can
just load them from any other app.

There would still be the problem of people wanting to
"one-click-install" plugins and themes. But why would such a person even
think about using a framework instead of wordpress?

And I still think that there's absolutely no need to make a de-facto
standard blog app in django. You gotta use what works best for you, man.