On 7/21/07, james_027 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I dont know what you mean by what_I_have_done?

Help me to replicate exactly the steps that you have taken to make
this problem occur. I have your model file. If _I_ use that model
file, and it works fine for me. Obviously you have done something
different somewhere else. What is it? The only way to work that out is
for you to tell me EVERYTHING you have done. For example:

- I created a new project with ./django-admin.py startproject myproject
- I created a new application with ./manage.py startapp myapp
- I created a MySQL database using InnoDB tables
- I modified models.py to look like ....

and so on, listing EVERY change you have made.

> I just follow the django tutorial. the one with poll and choice model.
> I did every step. and that's my result.

No, you didn't 'just follow the django tutorial'. If you had followed
the Django tutorial, your models file would have contained two models
named Poll and Choice, not a single model called Profile. I can't read
your mind to work out which steps you changed, and how you changed
them. Help me to retrace your steps.

> However I have discover something ....
> will produce a different result ... the first setting will have
> foreign key on the django_admin_log table while the 2nd table dont
> have the foreign key. I have do this multiple time, changing the
> settings between the first and the second and the result is constant.

There will be differences in the SQL that is generated, but that's
only because of the handling of forward references.

I've tried creating the tables for the two INSTALLED_APPS settings you
describe. I'm not a MySQL expert, but as far as I can make out, I'm
getting exactly the same tables created both ways.

The only issue I can think of that could be affecting this is ticket
#2720 [1] -
if I remember correctly, if you're using InnoDB tables, the foreign
key column is created, but the constraint is not. Which brings me back
to my other question - exactly what do you mean when you say 'the 2nd
table doesn't have the foreign key', and how did you come to this
conclusion? Can you provide any output to show me exactly what has
been created on the database (e.g., the result of running "describe
django_admin_log" at an SQL prompt)

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2720

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)