On 03/08/2007, at 5:55 PM, Bram - Smartelectronix wrote:
> I'm exactly in the same situation, with the same needs for
> splicemusic.com. Right now I have a big loop which goes over all
> users,
> and for each user checks if there are any new events that happened.
>
> This scales really badly, and would definitely need some kind of
> fix, so
> I'm very interested in any solutions you guys might come up with.

With a mail out system like I've described, would you envisage being
able to queue the email *at the time the event happens* rather than
looping over the users?

If so, I assume you'd expect the mail out system to consolidate
multiple events if they occurred within a set period of time.

So in other words, the system would allow queuing of not only entire
emails, but components of an email (let's call them "sub-messages")
and when some threshold is reached (either time passed or number of
sub-messages queued up) an email is constructed and sent.

James